* 6 AM Departure from Bikaner to Kikarwali.
* 12 noon A small introductory meeting with the teaching staff and administration authorities of the School.
* 7 PM Briefing the public and students of Kikarwali about the concept of OLPC, XO laptops were shown.
May 8 :
* 7 AM – 12 Noon , First session with the students , teams of 2 to 3 members took the charge of each class, basics of computers were covered
* Evening : Practical sessions, children were divided into groups of 4 or 5 and were given a XO (due to the limited number of laptops).
May 9 :
* In-spite of a Sunday, some children turned up to the school right in the morning , more practical sessions , apps like write , paint , speak , camera , wikipedia were covered.
* A projector was arranged , children were shown some small movie and some XO stuff.
* LUGB vs Kikarwali cricket match in the evening.
May 10 :
* 7 AM onwards Children in large number ( from 3 schools ) gathered.
* Newer ones were shown some video about the usage of XO (almost instantaneously shot by a small cam)
* Q & A sessions were held , (some toffees were distributed meanwhile).
* An adventurous visit to the India Pakistan border, location: 41 PS, talked to the Inspector Gaurav and saw Pakistan to the closest one can go.(BEST)
May 11 :
* A group of 3 (Paras, Kartik & Sahil) went to a private school for teaching.
* Local Teachers were taught the basic usage of the XO.
* Sharing (USP of XO) was the theme of the day.
* Discussed some issues and views with the authorities on how to continue the project.
* 5 PM returning trip
Head Counts : 200 (approx)
Schools Covered : 3
LUGB members (in alphabetical order) :
Nitesh Kumar (me )
The effort was one of the kind in the whole of Rajasthan ( i guess the laptops were very first to get distributed in this part -covering 5 to 6 states- of the country).
The memories would remain with us for a long long time , people were friendly , reception full on , very intelligent children and the best of the food.